Friday, May 7, 2010

"Mama, I want our house to look like a hotel"

My dear Trinity,
The other day, you walked up to me and said, "Mama, I want our house to look as clean as a hotel!"  I looked at you like you were crazy!!!  My first thought was go ahead and clean it then!  Then I thought.. our house is clean.. but sometimes it just gets cluttered.  Then in a small way my feelings were hurt because I try so hard to keep our house clean.. and organized.. and it seemed that you were not satisfied.  But then I reminded my self that you are 5... and you are just now starting to like things super clean.  All of the sudden, you are on a clean spell.. everything has to be clean.. straightened and organized!!  I love it!!  It does spur me on to keep a more organized house.. garage... bedrooms... it is hard when I am 5 months pregnant... but I try!!  Thanks for having patience on me when I get lazy!  and thanks for noticing when things look clean and organized.. I just love when you notice.. and say something!!  I desire to honor the Lord in how I keep our house.. I know it is a reflection of me... of where I am spiritually.  Usually when I am struggling with something.. and am having a hard time with my role as a mama... I tend to let the house chores slip.  It should be a joy to clean my house... a joy to serve you all in that way!
I love you Trinity!

No comments:

Post a Comment